If you have lately seen lots of hair on your bed, shower drain, comb, and brush, everywhere but where they are supposed to be, you may be suffering from a chronic disease called Alopecia areata.
Having a chronic disease means, your immune system pounces your own body. When someone has alopecia areata, the hair follicles get pounced. The hair loss differs in every person in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh. Some people have it more while others have it less. Though a rare disease, when it occurs it can make the person suffering lose all hair on the head.
Many times hair grows back but again falls later on. You can check with a specialized doctor, in case you are also suffering from the same.
Following are the causes of Alopecia areata
- This happens when WBC’s or White Blood cells strike the cells present in hair follicles, which induce them to diminish in size and also to slow down the production of hair, any further. Even doctors are not sure why this destruction takes place; sometimes it seems that genes have a role to play in this condition. Because many times it is seen that Alopecia areata happens in those people who already have someone with this disorder in the family.
- People who have it in their family also might be suffering from some other autoimmune disease, like atopy, which is said to be related to being in those who are hyper allergic or someone suffering from thyroid.
- Stress is also one of the causes of suffering from Alopecia areata. Extreme levels of stress can damage the condition.
What can be done to cure it?
You can try doing the under mentioned things:
- Minoxidil (Rogaine).This has to be applied on the scalp. It will take around 3 months to see full results.
- This works like a steroid, they are medicines prescribed for the disorder. They are available in the form of an injection which is injected into scalp or other places.
- Adoptive Immunotherapy, This is used when drastic hair loss takes place, or if it keeps recurring. Chemicals are supposed to be applied to obtain a reaction. In the case of it working, the reaction is what will make the hair grow.
- One can wear hats, beret, scarves, etc. All of these help in covering hair loss and also in safeguarding your head from the blistering sun.
- By reducing unnecessary stress also one is able to take control of hair loss.
- Alopecia areata causes worry and tension to the person having it. You can join support groups which will help you deal to come out of it.
- Even if a lot of hair is lost, even then you can grow them back. And if they don’t grow back, there are many more options like hair transplant to have them back.