What is a Beard Transplant?
Treatment of hair transplant in India: Many men are out there who face hard times when they want to grow their beards. In some cases, it can be easy to avoid the use of a razor and let the beard grow, but for some of them, it is extremely difficult. In some cases, the beard can look patchy.
In that case, the beard transplant is the best choice for a cosmetic procedure. No doubt, the beard hair transplant is the best choice for the patients to get the regrowth of hair and the hair also looks natural.
During the treatment of a beard transplant, the hair follicles are extracted from the area which has the desirable hair growth i.e. donor area. Following that, the hair follicles are placed carefully on the face of the person which contains less hair and then hair follicles start growing thicker.
Who needs to undergo a beard transplant and what is the procedure like?
You are a suitable candidate for the treatment if:
- The beard is growing in uneven and thin patches.
- The beard has scars and it can make your face look better without scarring.
Process of Beard Transplant
The surgeon takes the hair follicles from the back of the scalp which is known as harvesting.
The harvesting needs the hair follicles to be implanted in the required area. The patient is given local anesthesia to carry out the process. The hair is implanted into the person’s face and this is a time-consuming process.
- Process of Recovery
Then comes the recovery process which takes a day. The person feels tiny crust development around the hair follicles which usually flake off within a day or two. The transplanted hair follicles fall out within 2 to 3 weeks and then the new hair follicles start coming. Beard transplant takes time and location of the hair in the face to be found correctly.
What are the advantages of a beard transplant?
- The procedure is painless and the patient does not have to worry about the pain involved with the treatment.
- The procedure helps in giving permanent results and this process is one time. It means by getting the surgery one time will help you to get the best possible results on time.
- The transplanted hair gives a natural look and with time when the beard grows it results in hair growth which is uniform and thicker.
- The beard transplant recovery does not take much time and the procedure is straightforward.
How much time does the beard transplant take?
The entire procedure of the beard transplant takes 8 hours. The patient needs to wait for a few weeks to see the results. The transplanted hair will fall out after 15 to 30 days after the surgery. To see the final and desirable results you need to wait for 6 to 10 months following the surgery.