What is a beard hair transplant?
Different studies have shown that men who have a fuller looking beard seem attractive and stronger as compared to other men. We know that not every man is blessed to have such facial hair. In such cases, men try different options to grow their beard but they won’t get the results they are looking for. The ultimate solution is to get a beard transplant. With beard hair transplant you can look mature and you will have the masculine look you want.
This makes it easier to get the natural look of the beard. The beard transplant includes the following steps:
- Hairline Designing
According to the patient’s need, the symmetry is defined and the doctor is going the design the beard area.
- Hair follicles extraction
In a beard transplant, the extraction process is performed with the FUE method in which the grafts are harvested individually from the donor area i.e. back of the scalp.
- Preparing the hair follicles
With a beard transplant, the extraction method is done with FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction). During the surgery, hair follicles are extracted one by one from the donor area which is back of the scalp. The extracted grafts are counted and the healthy grafts are separated. This way it helps the patient to get natural results with the best density.
- Implanting the hair follicles
With the predetermined hairline design, the extracted hair follicles are implanted one by one into the beard area. These are implanted in a precise manner keeping in mind the angle, depth, and direction.
What about the procedure and recovery?
- The entire surgery is going to take around 3 to 5 hours and you can go back home once the treatment is done. Small incisions are made on the face and it will only feel like a little pinch.
- The recovery time is less as compared to other hair transplants. The wound is going to heal within 3 to 4 days at maximum.
What is the effect of a beard transplant?
- In the worst-case scenario, the patient can have swelling and redness around the transplanted area.
- To get the results you want, you need to sacrifice the hair from the back of the scalp. This won’t result in bald patches but it can look thin.
- The transplanted hair is going to fall out within 3 weeks and this is a temporary phase. Once this is done there will be permanent hair growth.
- Once the hair follicles are grafted, you can shave it as usual and style it the way you want. The transplanted hair is going to look and grow like normal.
How to take care after Beard Transplant?
- Take proper care for at least 2 to 3 days so that the wound gets healed completely.
- Don’t let the transplanted area get wet following 3 to 4 days of surgery.
- Avoid going out in the direct sunlight. Make sure to cover your face if it is necessary.
Do not smoke and drink alcohol as it will affect the recovery process.