Cleft Lip Surgery in Vizag
Cleft Lip Surgery in Vizag
A cleft palate or cleft lip is a condition in which there is a split or opening in the roof of the mouth, the upper lip, or in some cases, both. The main reason for cleft lip and palate in Visakhapatnam is when the facial structures that are growing in an unborn baby do not close up entirely.
But do not worry, there is a solution for such a situation, all you would require is to visit us and discuss the condition and find out its proper treatment.
Cleft lip or palate is one of the most common birth defects of all. In most cases, they happen as isolated birth defects, but in some cases wherein the inherited genetic condition or syndromes play a role.
Having a baby born with such defects can be distressing at times. But with the help of cleft lip surgery in Vizag, you can get rid of such conditions with no hassle. In babies, a number of surgeries can help restore the operation of the lip and give a more traditional and natural look with the assistance of a minimally invasive technique that leads to less scarring. Your children would require several treatments and assessments as they are growing up in this surgery
Book Your Appointment Now
Your Child's Care Plan for Cleft Lip and Palate
The doctor would make a whole care plan for the children who have a cleft in order to reach their individual needs. A standard care plan timetable for a cleft palate or lip looks like this:
- Six weeks after birth: support from the parents, feeding assistance, pediatric assessment, and a hearing test would be required.
- 3 to 6 months after birth: the doctor will recommend a Cleft Lip Repair in Visakhapatnam.
- 6 to 12 months after birth: the doctor will recommend cleft palate surgery to the children.
- At 18 months: the doctor will conduct a speech assessment procedure
- In three years: the doctor will p[erform another speech assessment
- At five years: speech assessment
- 8 to 12 years: a doctor will perform a bone graft to repair the gum area.
- 12 to 15 years: the treatment will shift to an orthodontist who will monitor the growth of the jaw.
It is essential to take your child to have an outpatient appointment at our center regularly so that the Cleft Palate Surgery Doctors in Vizag keep a close look to observe any problem so as to deal with it at an early stage.
The doctor will recommend you this treatment or child care plans till the age of 21 until they are likely to have stopped growing.
Cleft Lip Repair Surgery
The procedure will begin with the doctor giving your children a local or general anesthesia, which will lead them to unconsciousness for the course of time till the surgery is completed. The doctor will then repair the cleft lip and close all the scars with the stitches.
The operation usually only takes one to two hours at max.
Most of the children who have undergone the surgeries stay in the hospital for a night or two. The staff members will make some arrangements for you to stay with your child overnight.
After a few days, the doctor will remove the stitches, or it might, in some cases, dissolve on its own.
Your child might have some slight scars post the surgery. But the doctor will try to line up or clear the scar with the natural lines of the lip so that it would look less noticeable. Over the course of time, the scar will fade away with time and become less obvious.
Cleft Palate Repair Surgery
The doctor usually conducts cleft palate repair surgery when the child is between 6 to 12 months.
The doctor rearranged the palate by closing the muscles and the lining of the palate; this helped in closing the gap in the roof of the mouth. And with the help of the dissolvable stitches, the surgeon closes the wound.
The operation usually only takes 2 hours at max, and the doctor completes the whole procedure by giving you general anesthesia. In most cases, the doctor advises the patients to stay in the hospital for 1 to 3 days. Do not worry; our staff members will make proper arrangements for you to stay with them.
The scar you will get from the palate repair surgery will be inside the mouth.
What Are The Symptoms Of Cleft Lip And Palate?
Let us now move to the symptoms of the cleft lip and palate. Almost in most cases, the cleft lip or palate is identified right after the birth. Cleft lip or cleft palate might appear as such:
- There will be a split in the roof or the lip of the mouth or palate that will severely affect one or both sides of the face.
- There might be a split in the lip that would look like only a tiny little notch in the lip, or it will extend from the lip via the upper gum or palate into the bottom of the nose.
- There could also be a situation in which the spill is on the roof of the mouth, but that does not impact the appearance of the whole face.
On very few or rare occasions, the doctor notices the cleft to be only in the muscles of the soft palate, which is also known as the submucous cleft palate. They are typically in the back of the mouth or in the same condition they are covered by the linings of the mouth. The parents are unable to notice such kinds of clefts at birth; hence they will not be able to diagnose it until later when the signs indicate the concern.
Some of the common signs of the submucous cleft are:
- Difficulty with feedings
- Difficulty swallowing, with the potential for liquids or foods to come out of the nose
- Nasal speaking voice
- Chronic ear infections
Book Your Appointment
Schedule your initial appointment right now with VJ’s Cosmetic Surgery And Hair Transplantation Center for your child’s cleft lip and palate surgery under skilled guidance.
All of us have heard about hair transplant procedures. In today’s article we shall be telling you about the benefits of undergoing a hair transplant
Nobody wants to compromise with the looks since nowadays your looks are the real output of your personality. So the people can’t afford to lose