Dr. VJs Cosmetic Surgery & Hair Transplantation Centre Visakhapatnam: Hair loss has become very common in both men and women. The most prominent reason is genetics and around 95% of cases are because of alopecia.
A possible factor leading to hair loss
- There are some medications, minerals, and vitamins which trigger the hair loss problem. Drugs used for treating blood pressure, depression, heart problems, chemotherapy treatment, low level of iron, high level of vitamin A, or birth control pills.
- For some women, hair loss occurs on a temporary basis when they are pregnant. Some children face the problem of trichotillomania which is referred to as pulling the hair from the scalp, eyelashes, or eyebrows.
If you are suffering from excessive hair loss or any type of hair loss then it is essential that you seek help from the doctor. Looking for the best and reliable treatment plan then you should visit our surgeon for the best Cosmetic surgery in Vizag.
Effective treatment options
If the problem is permanent then the doctor will suggest your hair replacement procedures like hair transplantation and scalp reduction.
Candidate for Treatment
- Men with male-pattern baldness
- A person lost hair due to burns or scalp problems.
- Women with female-pattern (genetic) hair loss
- People recently experienced hair loss
Common Hair Replacement Procedures
Hair grafting is an outpatient procedure. Micro grafts have only one to two hairs per graft, punch grafts have 10 to 15 hairs, and slit grafts contain 4 to 10. Other options are mini-grafts contain 2 to 4 hair and strip grafts (contain long thin grafts 30 to 40 hair). A local anesthetic is injected into the scalp which helps in relaxation and comfort.
Procedure of Hair Grafting
In this procedure, the part of the scalp which has hair is cut which is usually from the back of the scalp. Following that the removed strip of hair is cut into small parts that have grafts and then transplanted into the balding area. The scalp is bandaged properly once the grafts are transplanted. To get the desired results it needs several sessions. After each session, it takes around 2 to 4 months to heal.
In the scalp reduction, the scalp part does not have hair removed so that the part of the scalp which has hair is stretched which fills the bald part of the scalp. With this procedure, the bald area on the top and back of the scalp is filled, but not effective for the frontal hairline.
On the scalp, local anesthesia is given and the bald part of the scalp is removed. Around the area, the skin is loosened and stretched which makes the hair-bearing part come together and with stitches, it is closed. This is usually done with hair Transplant grafting techniques.
- Mild scalp tightness (for few months)