One of the leading cosmetic procedures in the world is a facelift surgery performed to generally alter or improve the facial appearance of a woman or a man. Cases, where a man or woman appears older than his or her own age, are common, aging is also a factor of life that can’t be battled with minor techniques.
What is a face lift surgery?
Also known as Rhytidectomy, a face lift is a cosmetic procedure that is aimed at giving someone a youthful appearance.
Clinically performed under sedation or general anesthesia, or local anesthesia, a face lift surgery is an outpatient surgery conducted after a general consultation.
A face lift surgery involves a number of procedures that include;
- Removing excess facial skin
- Removes deep creases around the nose or the mouth
- Removes excessive skin from the neck and chin and at the end tighten it
- Tightens loose skin around the jaw line
Face lift procedures have realistic results favorable in young and old men and women. It can also be combined with other procedures like lip augmentation, eyelid surgery, facial liposuction, laser skin resurfacing, or chemical peels.
The procedure of a face lift surgery
The latest advancements in face lift surgery are all aimed at achieving better results and offer a quicker recovery. The same improvements are all revolving around the traditional type of face lift procedure
Normally, the face lift procedure is performed, after a thorough discussion with the surgeon to avoid unexpected occurrences.
The face lift practices are also aimed at disguising the scar and normally the incisions are made above the hairline.
Depending on the goals,
- The surgeon makes an incision in front of the ear, which will extend to the hairline
- The surgeon will then lift the skin to separate it from the fat and the facial muscles and then pulls it to remove the excessive skin.
- The surgeon will then tighten the facial tissues if required
- Drainages are placed under the skin behind the ear to collect excess blood and liquid which will be removed after 3 days
- The incisions will at the end be sutured and bandages will be applied
After a face lift surgery in India, there is a total change and the results will last for numerous years. However, studies show that one will need another face lift surgery after 6 years since the results are distorted by the environmental factors and lifestyles
After the surgery, it is important to follow the surgeon’s instructions to avoid complications.
There will be bruising, swelling and discomfort, but they fade with time and with the help of the medications provided.
There will be numbness and it is advisable to avoid smoking and reduce alcohol intake as much as possible
3 weeks are enough to recover from the surgery
Complications like infections, scarring, and damage of the nerves are possible in case of carelessness.