Hair is an undisputed asset for all the human beings that enhance their beauty. All are fond of their hair whether men or women. They like to style their hair differently on different days and different occasions. In the modern world, even men are not behind when it comes to hair styling. Baldness lowers self-esteem and confidence of a person especially women. It has been observed that people as young as the age of 20 are facing the problem of baldness and it has become a matter of serious concern.
CAUSES OF HAIR LOSS
Let us, first of all, examine all those factors which can possibly lead to hair fall or baldness:
- Pollution: the pollution has been increasing at unimaginable rates and there are various gases as well as gaseous substances present in the air. These are toxic for hair growth and lead to hair fall resulting in baldness.
- Stress: the stress has also risen among modern youth and adults. The stress puts pressure on their brain which as a result affects the health of their hair and they face hair loss.
- Aging: aging definitely is an undisputed factor that causes hair fall. With the progress in age, the growth of hair declines and baldness starts.
- Unhealthy diet patterns: the food consumption of people has also changed alot these days. They rely more on upon fast food to satisfy their taste buds and consume less of a rich balanced diet. As a result, the essential nutrients required for hair growth are not available and baldness becomes frequent.
- Consumption of liquor: the intake of liquor, too, has become quite common these days. Both the sexes take alcohol a lot. The consumption of alcohol beyond the limit is not detrimental for health but also for the hair growth.
- Smoking: smoking does the same as the alcohol does. It badly affects hair growth.
- Use of various styling equipment and products: men and women both use a variety of hair styling products such as gels and crèmes as well as use a lot of hair styling equipment. For example hair curlers, straighteners etc which deprive the hair of their natural moisture and make them brittle. Due to this, hair fall and baldness have become common.
BALDNESS TREATMENT IN INDIA:
There are various baldness treatments available which are discussed below:
- If the hair loss is detected at an early stage, various home remedies can be used as well as the diet that is good for hair growth can be taken to restore hair growth and get rid of baldness.
- However, if it is not detected early and baldness has already occurred majorly or to a minor extent then various medical treatments for baldness are available and the best among them is hair transplant. In the hair transplant treatment, the plugs that contain hair are removed from either sides or back of scalp where there is still hair growth. After this, they are placed on the bald parts of the scalp. This process requires several sittings and can not be achieved overnight or in a single day.
- Scalp reduction: the next medical treatment for hair restoration is scalp reduction. In this process, the bald part of the scalp is carefully removed and replaced with a hair-covered scalp.
Baldness affects not only the appearance but confidence of people too if it happens in early ages. The reliable hair treatments thus can help to restore the hair, attractiveness and confidence