Hair transplant treatment for hair loss
Hair Transplant is considered as the best choice for the patients. This makes it easier to address the hair loss issue on time whether it is men or women. During the surgery, hair grafts are extracted from the back of the scalp and then transplanted to where hair growth is extremely less. The hair is extracted from the back of the scalp because they are resistant to DHT which means the hair will not fall out after the treatment.
During the initial consultation, the surgeon will identify the reason for hair loss and let you know what treatment plan you need to get. The hair transplantation includes 2 methods FUE and FUT.
- FUE stands for Follicle unit extraction. During the surgery, the hair follicles are extracted one by one from the back of the scalp and then transplanted where hair growth is extremely less.
- FUT stands for Follicle Unit Transplantation. During the surgery, a strip of hair is extracted from the donor area and then transplanted where hair growth is extremely less or the patient has bald spots.
Seeing the desired results
Hair transplant results are best which means just one-time treatment is going to address hair loss issues. Patients are mostly concerned regarding the recovery process and the length of time to see the results.
- To see the outcomes from surgery, it is important to understand the results vary from patient to patient. In most cases, the initial hair growth can be seen at around 3rd month.
- After the surgery, it is important to follow the recommendations and guidelines given by the doctor.
What to expect following the surgery?
- Once the hair graft is transplanted on the bald or thin area, they will fall out. You don’t have to worry as this is a normal process which means it is part of the surgery.
The hair falls out because of the trauma of surgery and after that, the natural hair growth process will start.
- Once this is done the hair follicles enter the resting stage for around 3 months. Following that, the new growth cycle will begin. Initially, you will be able to have hair of around a few inches long, and gradually they will become longer and longer.
- In the beginning, the hair might appear uneven in a few months. In the 5th or 6th month, you will be able to see the progress in a better way. This is the time you can see the hair growth following the surgery.
During this entire time, you need to take proper care and follow the surgeon’s instructions. This is important for the success of the surgery. By doing so, you are taking proper care of the transplanted hair grafts.