We all want to look our best. However, with aging, it is normal to experience certain issues and one of them is hair loss. Medical science has evolved with time and treatment options have upgraded. In India the most preferred treatment for hair loss is FUE (Follicular Unit Transplantation) hair transplant. In this topic, we are going to elaborate on the treatment so that you can make an informed decision.
What is a FUE hair transplant?
FUE hair transplantation is a treatment approach that results in natural hair growth. With this surgical treatment, the hair follicles are taken individually from the donor area (which is not affected by DHT) and implanted in the thin hair or bald spots.
During the treatment, the surgeon makes use of the micro punches to extract the follicles individually. You can make the most of this method, as there are no visible signs of extraction.
Undergoing this minimally invasive treatment results in all-natural results, no scars, and the patient will be at ease. It is one of the preferred methods for hair transplantation for patients experiencing severe thinning, chronic hair fall, and bald spots. One of the important considerations to undergo the surgery is the availability of the hair follicles.
How is undergoing an FUE hair transplant useful?
- Natural hair growth
- Natural-looking hair
- Permanent results
- Scarless and painless surgery
- Quick recovery time
- The success rate is high because of the improved technique
- Do not give the appearance like hair plugs
- No scars after the hair follicles extraction
How is the cost of FUE calculated?
Depending on every case, the cost of a hair transplant will vary a lot. A total number of hair grafts needed for the recipient area will be checked. Additionally, the FUE hair transplant cost will depend on the surgeon’s experience. Some of the additional cost which determines the FUE cost are mentioned below:
- How severe is the baldness? (For that the doctor uses the Norwood scale to measure the male pattern baldness)
- Extent of Baldness
- What type of technique is needed for hair follicle extraction?
- What treatment is needed?
- Patient overall health
- The total cost of medical equipment
- Labor cost
Some of the scenarios which help to understand how many hair grafts are needed for the specific area:
- Full head coverage – A minimum of 5000 grafts are needed.
- Frontal forelock – 1000 to 2000 grafts
- Front and Mid-front coverage – 4000 to 5000 grafts
- Front coverage treatment – 3000 to 3500 grafts
What is the procedure of FUE hair restoration?
Here are the following steps which will be in the FUE hair restoration:
- Prior assessments
- Hair follicles extraction
- Implantation of hair follicles
Who can take advantage of the FUE method?
Following are the situations in which the FUE method can be best suited for the patients:
- Patient with male pattern baldness
- Patient with Androgenic alopecia or male pattern baldness
- A patient suffering from scarring alopecia patches
- A patient who wants to get FUT scar restoration
- Patients who want to get eyebrow, hairline, beard, mustache, and beard reconstruction.