Why is that so? Because of the tummy that is exposed to the public. A flat tummy will make one appear younger and smarter in any kind of outfit she may dress in and theta is why tummy tuck surgeries multiply very year.
There are factors that cause a tummy to protrude as if one is pregnant and some of them are;
Eating habits- Men and women in India are battling extended tummies just because of the foods they eat. Chapatti (roti) is widely consumed in India and many have it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner which is wrong. It is good to balance the meals and eat a variety of foods rather than roti and dal each day.
Another cause of the protruding tummies is the consumption of oily foods, sweets, and fats.
Lack of physical exercise-many hit the gym after gaining extra weight or unwanted fats in the thighs, abdomen, and the arms which is ideally wrong. Exercising regularly will reduce cholesterol levels and burn down the unwanted fats
What is abdominoplasty?
Also known as tummy tuck surgery, it is a procedure which helps you get rid of the unwanted fat and skin (excess) in the abdomen. The procedure will help you get a firmer, smoother, and a youthful tummy shape. It is commonly performed on;
- Women who fail to lose the protruding tummies after a pregnancy
- Aging man and women
- Obese men and women
- Those who fail to respond to exercise
There are no particular physical exercises to eliminate the excessive fat and skin in the abdominal region, but watching one’s weight and exercising regularly can reduce the chances of fat accumulation
Are you a candidate?
This particular plastic surgery is suitable for men and women, but there are considerations such as
- Having a good mental and physical health
- One with sagging abdominal skin
- Failure of other simple techniques to eliminate the excessive weight in the midsection
- One with realistic expectations
What to know before a tummy tuck treatment in India
A tummy tuck surgery is designed for those conscious of their body appearances and those who may want to retain their youthful body shapes. Abdominoplasty has various types and each procedure is performed on a patient depending on the goals
A Tummy Tuck procedure on its own and requires attention on the side of the patient. A major consultation must be performed in which the surgeon will evaluate the patient’s eligibility for the procedure.
There are cases of failed tummy tuck procedures due to neglected or compromised conditions. This will result in a second surgery to correct the mistakes. Before this surgery, the surgeon takes pictures, examines the amount of fat in the midsection and the amount of skin to be removed.
Types of Tummy tuck procedures
In this case, body contouring procedures are divided into 3 categories, each performed for specific reasons
- Mini Tummy Tuck Surgery
This procedure is specifically for those with less skin to be removed and in some cases, the muscles remain untouched. Mini tummy tuck procedures require a single and a small incision to be made below the navel and the navel is not repositioned. It has a shorter recovery period
- Traditional Tummy Tuck Surgery
This surgery alters the entire abdominal region. Usually, an incision is made from one hip to another where fat tissue and excessive skin are removed and the navel is repositioned. The abdominal muscles are tightened to create firmer and natural pleasing results. Liposuction is also performed during this same procedure
- The extended Tummy Tuck surgery
It is a comprehensive procedure where excessive fat and skin are removed and the entire abdominal region is reshaped. The procedure requires a surgeon to make an incision from the hips to the waist and the lower back to contour the whole lower area and the muscles are also improved
Other types include
- Circumferential for those who have drastically lost weight and it is more of a body lift surgery
- Endoscopic Tummy Tuck– performed with the help of an endoscope, it is performed on those with minimal fat and no visible sagging skin.
The Tummy Tuck Procedure
- The procedure is performed under local or general anesthesia
- Depending on the type of tummy tuck surgery, the surgeon will make an incision to remove the excessive fat
- The skin will also be removed and the muscles will be tightened.
- Drainages which are to be removed after some days are fixed for the blood or liquid to flow in
- The entire abdominal region will be contoured to give perfect and natural results.
- These surgeries are not a joke; one will feel uncomfortable and moved to spend more time at home.
- Follow the surgeon’s advice to avoid complications. The recovery period depends on the type of tummy tuck surgery taken
- Slimmer and firmer stomach
- More self-confidence
- Natural and attractive looks
- You can dress up in any way you may want.
Check out this video to know more information about the Tummy Tuck Surgery: