Dr. VJs Cosmetic Surgery & Hair Transplantation Centre: Hair loss has many types in which male pattern baldness is so common and experience by several people these days. This condition usually refers to the hair fall on the scalp in males. The main reason behind this condition is changed in hormone levels, which is basically experienced by old age people. You may not know that unexpected hair fall refers to a severe health condition, which can only be treated with surgical or medical treatment.
Interesting facts about male pattern baldness
- Male pattern baldness usually occurs in old age people, which is a result of hormone changes.
- This is a too embarrassing and distressing condition, due to which they undergo several hair fall treatments.
- Hormonal changes are not the only reason behind pattern baldness but there are several other reasons for this condition such as poor nutrition and infection.
- Treatment options involve hair transplantation, certain medications, and laser & light therapies.
Causes of male pattern baldness
As the name depicts this condition is basically experienced by males across the world. There are several causes of this condition that are divided into three main categories. These are:
This male pattern baldness is additionally known as androgenetic alopecia.
- Well, these above-mentioned factors are responsible for hair fall or pattern baldness in men. In which, if your father or grandfather had this condition in their life, then you will surely experience it. This condition is known as genetic or hereditary hair fall.
- As we said earlier, this condition can also trigger due to hormonal changes in the body such as men have testosterone and estrogen in some amount. If you are experiencing a high amount of these hormones, then you will definitely experience male pattern baldness.
- People of old age are more prone to experience this male pattern baldness condition. This happens because they start experiencing certain health conditions. These are the main reasons behind male pattern baldness in males.
Treatment for male pattern baldness
There are several treatment options are available for male pattern baldness include-:
If you are suffering from male pattern baldness, then you need to go with Minoxidil and Finasteride. These are explained below-:
This is a topical medication, which is additionally known as Rogaine. You can find it in lotion form and you have to apply it to the scalp. This medication will offer you the best results and if you are losing too much hair from the crown, then you need to apply it directly to the crown. You have to wait for at least 6 months to get the best results of this medication.
Propecia is another name of this medication, that is only available on prescription. This is useful to prevent DHT hormone in male, that affects their hair badly and they experience male pattern baldness. In addition to this, you have taken these medicines at least for 3-6 months, so that you can get rid of this condition.
Hair transplantation is the surgical treatment, that is specially designed to treat several forms of hair loss in both sexes. This surgical treatment includes the two types FUT and FUE. In this treatment, the specialist first prepares the donor area and then collects hair graft from the donor area. After that, he transfers the hair graft to the affected area.
There are two types of shampoo available to get rid of male pattern baldness such as-:
- Ketoconazole is also known as Nizoral
- Pyrithione zinc or Head and Shoulders
Other treatment options
- Laser and light treatment
- Hairstyle changes