You are facing excess hair fall such as thinning or a bald patch on your head and thinking of consulting a doctor for hair transplant. Will hair transplant work or not? Do not worry this article will be solving all your problems.
How long do the results last for?
So people who are worried about hair transplantation will last or not? So the answer to your question is yes hair transplant lasts for a lifetime. It depends upon the surgeon you are choosing for yourself. Make sure he should be having proper experience and follow his instructions for the better results.
What is the procedure of hair transplant?
The surgeon will take hair grafts of yours and transplant to the bald area or where you are facing thinning. Usually, the surgeon takes from the back of your head but he can take from other parts of the body as well. There are two methods FUT and FUE.
In FUT (Follicles Unit Transplantation)
- With the help of a scalpel, the surgeon will do an incision in the skin.
- Then the surgeon will close it with stitches.
- With the help of the magnifying lens and surgical knife, the surgeon will remove the portion of the scalp into small sections. After implanted, these sections only help the person in growing the hairs naturally.
In FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction)
- With the help of a needle or blade surgeon will make tiny holes in your scalp and then implant the hairs into those tiny holes.
- You will be amazed to know the surgeon will transplant hundreds or sometimes thousands of hairs in the first treatment.
- In the end the surgeon will graft, gauze or bandage the area. You have to cover it for a few days.
What happens after the surgery?
- The surgeon will prescribe you some medicines.
- To reduce the infection the surgeon will give you some antibiotics.
- Swelling comes inpatient’s head and it is a process of healing. So don’t worry doctor will give you anti-inflammatory medicines.
You might face some complications such as
- Shock loss
You must be wondering what is shock loss right? Your scalp will be gone through trauma so in response your hairs will shed from the scalp. But it is temporary. Your hairs will grow naturally within some time.
The cost of the hair transplant depends upon:
- Surgeon of your area.
- Experience of the surgeon.
- Technique surgeons will choose for you.
- The extent of the hair transplant procedure.