These surgeries are proving to be necessary because of the fashion trend that anyone may want to move with. When aesthetically performed, a thigh lift surgery will leave you contented for the rest of your life
What is a thigh lift surgery?
It is a cosmetic procedure where excessive skin and fat are removed from the thighs and around the buttocks areas. The sagging skin may be a result of weight loss and aging or either of the two. Another may be the poor shape that some people have that need to be corrected
Who gets a thigh lift?
Quite high numbers of men and women are getting the procedure done as long as one is mentally and physically healthy. A thigh lift surgery in India will require you to fulfill the following;
- Generally healthy
- When you have lost the elasticity effect in the thighs and the surrounding regions
- Poorly formed thighs
- Sagging skin and dimple formations in the thighs
- Any other reason
Before the surgery
- You will have a consultation in which the surgeon explains the whole procedure.
- Avoid smoking and use of various drugs for 2 weeks before the surgery
- Depending on the goals, a type of thigh lift is selected to hide the scars
- You need to have realistic expectations
The procedure of a thigh lifts in India
- The procedure is an outpatient surgery, so you will be discharged on the same day most likely
- It is performed under general anesthesia to prevent pain and you will not feel anything until you wake up
- In the case of lifting the inner thighs, the surgeon will make small incisions (cuts) from the anterior part of the groin crease to the buttocks crease
- In the case of circumferential lower body surgery, it will take more time since the surgeon has to make incisions from the buttocks crease to the groin then to the abdomen.
- The incisions will be sutured in an aesthetic manner
- Drainages are used to collect fluid and blood
- There will be bruising and swelling for the first 8 weeks, after which they will fade
- In the case of small thigh lifts, simple pain killers are used to relieve pain and discomfort and usually, there is a les recovery period
- In case of extended procedure, one will have to stay at the hospital for two or three days for monitoring
- A corset is used after the surgery for protective measures
A thigh lift surgery cost in India
Anywhere in India, a thigh lift surgery starts from Rs. 80,000 to 1 lakh or plus depending on the hospital and the type of surgery required. It is best to avoid very cheap procedures or clinics since it may cost you a lot in the future.
What to expect after the surgery
A thigh lift is a contouring procedure, so you will have to enjoy the benefits whenever you look at yourself or dress up for any occasion.
To know the full procedure of the thigh lift surgery watch this video: