Dr. VJs Cosmetic Surgery & Hair Transplantation Centre: So, you are planning to get breast augmentation by using breast implants. Then you might be wondering to know about the different types of breast implants and which one will suit best for your situation.
Different kinds of breast implant
There are different classifications of implants which are based on the texture, shape, size, and material. During the consultation, you should discuss your expectations with the surgeon. This way the doctor will let you know what is best for you and it will help to see the reliable results with the breast augmentation surgery.
Case texture: Smooth or Rough
- Smooth implants are filled with saline. These are placed surgically in the large breast pocket so that it can slide easily to give the feeling of the natural and soft breasts.
- Rough implants are also referred to as textured and they are filled with silicone gel. The scarring made inside the chest is going to hold the implant in its place. This way it will be less wiggly as compared to the smooth implant option. Moreover, with this type, the risk of capsular contracture is reduced.
Filler material: Saline or Silicone
- Saline breast implant has sterile saltwater and when it is inserted it will deflate. Once it is placed correctly it is filled with a solution of saltwater. This option is considered safe as they will be ruptured when they are being used, the implant solution will be absorbed by the body.
- Silicone breast implant has silicone gel. When they are inserted into the breast area they have filled already. Therefore, before the procedure deciding the size is important. The filling material is so strong that it can give the feel of the natural breast.
Shape: Round or Anatomical
- With these types of implants aim to achieve the desired results by improving and enhancing the breast size. Patients who want to get emphasized breast volume then can opt for the option of round-shaped implants. This way it will give breast cleavage which looks the best. Moreover, after the surgery, if the breast implants are rotated then the look and shape of the breast will not be affected.
- Anatomical implant is also referred to as teardrop implants and these breasts are enhanced very subtly. This type of implant helps in giving a more natural look. Along with that, in this case, the important factor is positioning.
The size of the implant needs to be determined by you and the surgeon. The goal here is to increase the size as well as enhance the look and shape of the breast.
Talk to your doctor as they will let you know what needs to be done and according to your condition they will guide you properly.