Do my Age Matters for Varicose Veins Treatment?
Varicose veins are getting a quite common vein disease, especially among the adults. Due to this disease patient may have enlarged and twisted veins often of legs and feet that appear in dark blue or purple color.
It is the totally curable condition of veins as it is possible to get varicose veins treatment in Anakapalli. However, some patients think that their age can become the hindrance for getting this treatment but actually there is not any age limit for this treatment as an active patient of having age more than 70 can also get this treatment with great results.
So for getting the treatment for varicose veins, age is not any restriction but after the adequate evaluation and diagnosis, your doctor may recommend you the best solution for your symptomatic varicose veins treatment. So for varicose veins treatment, not any old is too old so without worrying about your age you can take this treatment.
For the best outcomes of the treatment, it is important to follow post-operative conditions including the wearing compression stockings to routine activities.
How to detect and treat varicose veins problem
If you are noticing any of the following symptoms then it is time to do something about your varicose veins
- Feeling any discomfort or heaviness in your legs
- Feeling burning or throbbing in legs
- Swelling on legs
- Noticeable thickness or change in the color of skin
- Itching and problem with healing and bleeding
After noticing any of the above symptoms you must seek for the advice of specialist as only the doctor can suggest you the best treatment option for you. However, you can do some activities at your end to get rid of this veins problem
- You can keep your legs in elevated position. It is good to keep your legs above the level of heart so that gravity can help you to get rid of this issue
- Compression stockings can help you to maintain blood flow and prevent swelling so you must wear compression stockings in the daytime but these must be taken off at bedtime
- Exercises that lead to movement of legs can help you to improve blood circulation so veins problem can be prevented.
- Your excess weight can be the problem for your legs so it is good to lose some weight and be active
Treatment options for varicose veins
Apart from the above daily exercises, you may do some relevant changes in your lifestyle and be eating pattern as per the advice of the doctor to get rid of this condition. In the severe conditions, patients are advised for the surgical treatment in which the skin surface having twisted and enlarged veins are removed surgically.
Apart from surgery, Sclerotherapy, endovenous ablation, and microphlebectomy are available treatment options which are non-invasive and effective.