- Health for any part of the body starts with a healthy lifestyle, so for healthy hair its imperative that you have a healthy lifestyle.
- Hair oiling always nourishes the hair, you must massage the scalp with warm coconut hair oil at least twice a week.
- Wash the hair at regular intervals for oily hair it every alternate day and for the dry hair atleast 2-3 times in a week.
- Shampoo and conditioner should be applied to the hair with excessive care as wet hair are more prone to damage.
- Getting a good sleep definitely benefits the hair.
- A regular trim of the split ends makes sure the health of the hair is intact.
- The use of hair chemicals, dyes and other hair styling products should not be done directly to the scalp.
- The hair should not be put to the torture of coloring them before 6-8 weeks.
- Wet hair a easily damaged so never comb them and take extra care.
- Avoiding the excessive use of hair straightening and curling instruments.
- Excessive smoking and stress are also harmful for the hair and should be avoided.
- Prolonged exposure to heat, sun, hot showers or other heating instruments should be avoided.
- Tight fitting caps, tight braiding of hair and ponytails should be avoided.
A good diet is always the preliminary for healthy hair; therefore we share with you a list of must haves for healthy hair. This list includes:
- 5 soaked and skimmed almonds
- Soya milk
- Green vegetables like spinach, fenugreek (methi), green peas etc.
- Non vegetarian items like fish, chicken (breast), liver etc.
- Potatoes, cabbage and yogurt.
- Lentils like rajma and chana